Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ceaseflood

For the first time in a 19-day consecutive streak of torrential downpour and central Texas flooding, all is clear on the Doppler radar. It may not feel like a Texas summer yet, but the bleakness will take a hiatus in the hill country for now. I’ll take a partly sunny high of 89, even if it feels like 98 in the shade (thank you gulf coast humidity). Yes my friends, the sun has finally broken through the dreary skies, bringing bare shoulders and full smiles to our damp little town.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That’s the view out my office window, serving as my sole 8-5 portal to the outside world otherwise known as outside.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh, the other thing in the picture? Well That’s another source of newfound happiness: my new 20-inch 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor iMac. Okay, so it’s not mine mine–it legally belongs to my employer–but I’m not going anywhere soon. Jealous? Thought so.

I promise more compelling reading to come….

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home